Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Out of the box

Ryanne participated in a language study at UT today. I got to watch part of it. They had a series of cards and Ryanne was supposed to describe the picture on the card. Most of them were pretty simple.

Researcher: The boy is standing on the bridge. What's he going to do?
Ryanne: Jump.
Researcher: Can you tell me the whole thing? He's...
RC: He's going to jump off the bridge.
Researcher: Let's see what he did. (Next card)
Ryanne: He jumped.

There was one that really got me.
Researcher: This is one glass. These are two...
Ryanne: I can't tell what's in them.
Reasearcher: It doesn't matter what's in them. This is one glass. These are two...
Ryanne: Glass... cups that are... unfilled.
Researcher: This is one glass. These are two...
Ryanne: Glasses?

Yeah...she doesn't like your box. Where are my papers to sign her up for TAG (Talented and Gifted) testing?

No comments: