Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 09, 2011

On the other hand...

Math apparently sucks.  She is having such a hard time with the degree of addition and subtraction they are requiring at school.  It has not clicked for her.  She's not seeing the short cuts.  She's not seeing the self-checks.  Tonight there were tears over finishing a worksheet that she didn't get through at school.

I tried to explain that reading wasn't always easy for her, either.  She worked at it and one day it clicked.  I told her math would do that eventually, but she has to keep working on it.

I don't think she believes me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't quite believe my dad when he told me believing geometry theorems (sp?) was like believing in the holy ghost. It just is, 'cuz the greeks knew what they were doing. Bless her heart.
Love from gamma