Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Ok...it's not all roses

Ryanne's sleep patterns have been getting REALLY screwy. She transitioned down to one nap a few weeks ago. Actually, she had started while we were in Texas, but reverted when we messed her up coming here. It took a couple of weeks in Japan, but she now naps right after lunch, pretty reliably.

The problem, and I use problem loosely because I'm only slightly bothered by it since she sleeps with me and I can nap with her if she wakes too much, is that she is waking quite frequently at night. And she doesn't just wake and roll over and go back to sleep. She wakes up screaming in terror and wants to nurse for the comfort. Not nursing her results in an escalation of the screaming into fit stage with ragged breathing and coughing. This wakes up Chrys, which is really why I consider it a problem. If she just woke me, I'd be fine, but waking the 'dada' means he's not as well rested for work and that's bad.

She has gone from one waking at around 4-5am (understandable to be hungry after 10 hours at her age) to 2-6 wakings from 9pm to 7am. The nights with 6 are the hard ones. Typical has become around 3.

Honestly, this is part of why I look forward to really messing up her schedule. I'm hoping we can get rid of this mess when we fix the trans-Pacific flight issues. It worked moderately well before. In the meantime, I'd settle for her going down easily and only waking when I come to bed and at 5am.

Maybe it's the teeth, maybe she's growing (she has been eating a TON), who knows. I'd like my good sleeper back now, though.

No comments: