Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter

Ryanne had a terrific Easter. Chrys and I colored eggs for her after she went to bed on Saturday night. The Bunny came to hide them and left her what he could for Easter. Turns out Easter isn't a major deal over here so I was VERY glad I picked up a few items for her in the US.

She had a great time hunting eggs. We coached her to look for them and then she ran around yelling 'ay guh' and picking them up. She was a great huntress and tracked most of them down with little help. The one in her bookcase confused her a bit...not sure where she thought her books were when we suggested she look with them. She kept running into the office when they were two steps away in the kitchen. Oh well... I think her favorite part was bashing two of them together to listen for the crunch. She did that with most of them.

Of course, now, she won't eat any of them. She'd never had a hard boiled egg, but has eaten lots of scrambled ones. I can't even get her try a bite of one of them. I guess I'll be eating lots of eggs...

Speaking of Easter, I took her to see the Easter Bunny while we were in Vermont. I had a hard time keeping her away from him while a littler baby got her picture taken. Turns out the first baby liked seeing other babies and that was a guaranteed smile from her so Ryanne did some good. When it was finally her turn, I told her to go give the Bunny a hug. She ran up to him with her arms outstretched. He picked her up and we got a HUGE smile on photo. I need to send those out soon - bad mama!

No comments: