Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Hi-yo

Ryanne has said her first Japanese word. We were playing as we waited in line for the bus at Narita yesterday and we were saying "ohayo". After a bit, she looked at us, bowed (which we hadn't been doing so I was very impressed) and said "hi-yo". I was so proud and the people around us smiled and 'awww'ed at her.

She finally cut tooth #8 while we were in the states. We're guessing around 3/12. It's the lower right eye tooth. We've been waiting on that one for a while now. There's been quite a bit of swelling in her back gums (molar territory), but nothing sharp or visible yet.

She was a HUGE hit at the wedding. She behaved very well and even napped at the reception. She did the perfect amount of dancing and just being too darned cute in her little blue dress. Many people commented on how good and sweet she was. It made me feel good to have our efforts recognized by so many non-family members. I didn't even get too much 'drive-by' parenting advice so I must be doing ok. ;)

We've had a rough couple of days getting back into schedule here. I think part of it was that we never really got into a schedule in the US this time. Our days were SO full and hectic that we never knew when she'd be going to bed and we'd need to wake her up. I think we're lucky she didn't just go into full meltdown while we were there. We got more whining than normal, but not near as bad as it should have been given how sleep deprived she was. It just makes me realize how thankful I should be that I got such an easygoing kid. Right now, I'm not afraid of doing this again. She's such a joy and doing so well at everything that I'm sure she'll do great with a sibling (NOT that we're trying right now, but we all know it will happen).

Right now, though, she naps so I'm going to take advantage of the time and finish getting unpacked and the place cleaned up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, it was really great to see all four of you at the wedding :)

--mSWAE