Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Busy weekend

Last weekend was insane for us.

Friday night, we went to the Lipizzaner Stallions. Ryanne didn't like being shown all of the horses and then having them leave, but ended up seeming to enjoy it. Chrys and I were meh.

Saturday was moderately quiet. She decided that she didn't want to go skating again so we may end up just doing free skate instead of classes. We'll see how this week goes. We went to play with some friends in town whom we haven't seen for weeks. They jumped on the trampoline and played dress-up and it was all good.

Sunday, I took her to Lion King (the musical). She was enraptured. I don't think she really looked away from the stage for the first act. She loved the kids. She loved the colors and the costumes. And then Aunt Kity let her borrow the binoculars - oooooooo! She traded laps a lot in the second act, but was singing Hakuna Matata today so I know some of it sunk in. She wanted a blue hat when we were done, but they didn't have kids hats, much less blue ones. I think she was a bit disappointed in the t-shirt.

I inadvertently had Chrys buy tickets to the Ice Bats game Sunday afternoon. I called on the way home (as the game started) and we said we'd see how it went. Ryanne was whiny and we had pretty much decided we weren't going when she asked VERY nicely if we could please go to the hockey game. Well, it totally jazzed her up. She went from whiny and barely consolable to totally energized, laughing and having a great time.

She woke on Monday happy as could be. She's deteriorated throughout the week.

So...this leaves me wondering. Is she bored? Or, God forbid, are Chrys and I seriously expected to raise an extrovert?

No comments: