Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 05, 2007

Ice skating

Ryanne had her first ice skating lesson on Saturday. She says she had fun.

She didn't see me get on the ice for my lesson so she kept trying to leave to find me. Clearly, I need to do a better job of letting her see where I go to avoid that next week.

She actually moved. They don't teach gliding or anything to them immediately so she's just taking baby march steps across the ice. They pushed a crate around. I think I saw her carrying stuff at one point.

She fell 2 or 3 times and wasn't too happy about that. The last time, I was there with her and "fell" down with her. We stood up together and that seemed to help her. She kept wanting to grab me and hold my hands, but I'm so unstable that I would steer her back to doing it on her own.

She says she is excited about going back next week. I know I am. We'll miss one lesson so we get to do a Tuesday make-up. That will let Chrys and Corin come with us and get some pictures of her.

The thing I think I enjoyed most, though, was the bit of time alone with her. I didn't have to juggle Corin or worry about ignoring him. He stayed home with Chrys and I got time alone with my girl. It was fun to share it with her and I hope we can keep it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun...Ah-h-h-h young bones. I'm so jealous. Hope I get to watch someday soon.
Love,
GammaRee