Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Prestige

If you haven't seen this movie, I'm going to fill this with spoilers so consider yourself warned.

It's apparently time to begin limiting what RC sees. She's starting to process more and more of what she sees on TV and is deeply impacted by things.

Last week, we watched The Prestige when we were at Aunt Kity's house for dinner. It was disturbing to me. Chrys says it's because I saw it through her eyes.

The first point came with Angier's wife was stuck in the water. She was panicking and Ryanne commented that she was yelling for help, but no one could hear her. I think she assumed that because no one could hear her, they didn't know to help her. I tried to explain that they were trying to help her, but couldn't get the glass broken fast enough. She looked at me when Angier bent to check on her and asked "What happened to his (mommy's real first name)?" Chrys and I suspect that she thinks my first name is just another title for my status to Chrys. It's an interesting conclusion.

From there, she had other issues. There was the Tesla machine that creeped her out because it was electricity and she didn't understand what it was doing - she thought it was hurting him. She picked up on the fact that it was bad, though. She didn't like seeing the tanks of men. She didn't like the bird killing. She didn't like the sad music. Etc.

It's just time to stop letting her be in the room for stuff like that. She's no longer just in the room, but really trying to process what's going on and it's deeply affecting her.

No comments: