Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 20, 2007

Creativity

I guess my making up songs is really sinking in with her.

In music class, we've been singing this Spanish song:

Agarra tu sombrero y pontelo
vamos a la playa calienta el sol
chiviriviri po pon po chiviriviri po pon po

Well, we're asked to make up our own verse to tell a story. We go around the circle and you can sing or pass. The first week, I made up a cool song about my pinky toe - since it was my first time in there in the shoe, it offered an easy way to explain what had happened. This week, I rambled about trying to go to Maine to see the kids' great-grandmother.

Well, this week, Ryanne was also asked if she wanted to make up a song. She did. She sang about meeting Anna at the park and playing in the house. She did an incredible job of following the meter of the music. It was amazing to listen to.

We'll be signing up for more music classes. Definitely.

No comments: