Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy 4th birthday

Today, my little girl turned four. In reality, she's been four for a few weeks. There was this magical week when things changed.

The tantrums got oh so much more ... more.

The thought processes were so much more complex.

The ability to rationalize things really started coming in to play.

The lying. The lying started.

The ability to amaze me with what she could grasp: with her logic, with her physical capabilities, with her humor.

It's astounding how quickly the transition came about and how truly profound it is. She is, indeed, becoming more a thinking, rational person right before my eyes.

I want to freeze time and enjoy the now, but I don't want to miss what might come next.

So we plod on. She tells me that she's going to be 5 next. I told her I'd like to enjoy 4 for a while first.

No comments: