Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Toy autonomy

Apparently the magic age for being able to get your own toys out of the package thankyouverymuch is 4.

I got some Halloween toys on clearance at Target today. I handed Ryanne the bag. She started pulling things out. She started opening the first one. I asked if she wanted help.

I received the most exasperated sigh, followed by a teenage-esque "No-oh".

Then she proceeded to rip two My Little Ponies from their packages. One package won and she needed a band aid on her thumb. That didn't dissuade her from her mission, though.

In the end, she was victorious. She opened her toys and her brother's. Without any of my help.

Now to teach her to do laundry and she'll be ready for college. :)

No comments: