Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 14, 2006

Bargaining 101

Kity's neighbors were having a garage sale that started tonight. They had a Razr scooter out on the lawn. Chrys came to the sudden realization that we were about to have 2 kids and 1 scooter. Since kid #1 LOVES the scooter, this could be a really bad scenario when kid #2 is big enough to want to ride one. He went over to ask the price - $8 - while RC and I went inside.

He came back and we decided that we only paid about $5 for the one we bought in Japan and weren't willing to go higher. He hates bargaining. I told him to give me a $5 bill. I hand the $5 to RC.

RC and I go over. We find the scooter. It's not in great shape, but it's not bad.

Me (pointing at scooter): "RC is that what you were asking about?"
RC: "I was asking about da scooter."
Me: "Do you want a scooter?"
RC: "I needa scooter" (We're working on want vs. need...right now, she NEEDS everything)
Me: "But RC, you only have $5 saved up."
RC (sadly, holding out her $5): "I onwy have $5"
Women running the sale (3 of 'em): "Oh, honey, that's ok. $5 is plenty."

They proceed to work with RC to trade the $5 bill for the scooter. She rides it out of the driveway, beaming, back over to Kity's house where I get chastised for "swindling the neighbors". What can I say, the kid's a natural.

No comments: