Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fireworks

Ryanne loved the 4th of July. Apparently fireworks aren't illegal in our MUD/city/county so everyone in our little cul-de-sac was out setting them off. It was quite a sight. They were doing quite a few aerials, too. I wouldn't have minded as much if they were doing them more in the middle, or even in front of their house. The fact that they were about 10 feet in front of my driveway (and two old cars - Hellybuny's and Chrys') bothered me a bit.

We went back out a bit later and watched the big show that the MUD put on. Ryanne liked those, too. At one point, she cuddled in to my side with her hands over her ears, but she had a huge grin on her face so I don't think it really bothered her. Everyone kept asking if it was too loud so I guess she decided it was expected.

She got to bed quite late that night. As we were getting her ready, she kept telling me that she and Sully's Boo (from Monsters, Inc) were going to go make fireworks and then go outside and make them BOOM! It was pretty funny. She was exhausted, but happy. She also told me that next year, she was going to show them to baby brother and help him not be scared. I thought that was sweet.

Since then, she keeps asking to see more fireworks. It's hard to make her understand that it will be New Year's, if not the next 4th, before she sees more. Too bad she can't read a calendar yet.

No comments: