Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Haircuts



OK, the picture's for Auntie ALM. This was the before shot on her second hair cut.

Her first hair cut... I'm sorry... hair "fix" was in early April. We took her to one of those kid's cut places and they insist that it not be called a cut because then the child might decide that they can 'cut' their own hair with the scissors once they learn to cut. Plus, cut is apparently frightening and should be avoided. Ryanne didn't know what to make of it.

We told the lady it was the first cut and I explained that she had some split ends that were matting and I wanted to get rid of them. I was adamant that I didn't want bangs. She said she'd do layers and took off maybe an inch of hair. It wasn't enough to get rid of the split ends. Worse yet, we now had two large mats of hair in the morning. It just looked funky, but it was a little better. She got a tattoo when she was done and we have a little certificate for her first cut and some locks of hair in a plastic baggie.

The one from this shot was about a week ago. I took her to the normal salon around the corner from our new house. I explained that this was her second hair cut. I also said that I had no familiarity with curly hair, but whatever was done on the first cut wasn't working out. She asked what they had done and I said it was supposed to be layers, but that they had pulled the hair straight back and cut vertically. She said that could look nice, but wasn't a good cut for RC's hair. She fixed the layers so they actually layer and the curls actually flow through the layers. I asked her to take off some length since it was getting hot. She cut it loosely to below RC's shoulders so when it dries and curls, it's about shoulder length. She rounded out the transition from bangs to length so it frames her face a bit better. She didn't trim her bangs.

When she was done, she did a little bang fountain on RC's head that RC actually didn't pull out (unlike every attempt I've made to get her bangs out of her face). RC has since decided that she likes having her bangs out of her face and lets me pull it back every morning. I really like the cut. I think it looks tamer and it's certainly easier to comb and work with. Best part was that we walked in with no appointment and were done in 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. She's such a little woman now. Pix is much loved and appreciated! ALM