Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Letters

Ryanne's letter and number recognition is really improving. I think I've said that I can tell what they've covered in MDO because she knows those. She's got her colors down, too, and if she gets it wrong, she's probably yanking your chain. Yes, a bit of a sense of humor developing.

The ABCs are now intact save for the L. She hears it and tries to say it, but seems to find H I J K M N O P easier. I can't blame her.

The cool thing, though, is that she's trying to write letters. She can actually write a decent A. She has formed R's and O's with objects on the ground (sticks and berries). She's written A's on paper and her magnetic board. Last week she wrote "g" and "o" and I sounded it out for her and she got all excited that it was a word.

Everywhere we go, she's pointing out "R is for Ryanne" and "3, mommy, I'm three."

She's playing with letter sounds sometimes, too. I think we're on the brink of reading readiness. I'm so not prepared for this. She's changing too quickly, and it's just amazing.

No comments: