Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Now she's tracing

Ryanne has been 'writing' for a while. She'll start moving the pen up and down along a line on a page and say that she's writing something.

The other day, I decided to see how ready she really was. I wrote out her name in broken lines and asked her to trace the letters.

I had to help her on the R. She didn't quite understand 'tracing'. She got it by the end of that one though. She was 'putting the lines together'.

Since then, she's asked me to write her name so she can trace it a few times. I don't know how far we are from me writing it and her copying it on another line, but I am guessing not far.

I do know one thing. She's getting a reusable (write and erase) letter tracing book for Christmas now.

No comments: