Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 23, 2007

The return of Popo

Popo has been missing for weeks now. Ryanne asks about her periodically. I've turned the house upside down looking - the couch, my room, her room, drawers, etc. I've looked in my car. I've looked at the Y, both in the nursery and her classroom for Mother's Day Out. Nothing.

Last night, Chrys went through our closet again. He opened Ryanne's luggage. Lo and behold, there's Popo, all packed up and ready for a trip.

It was then that I remembered her dragging her bag out into my room when I was talking about us leaving. Sadly, I don't remember if it was for Albuquerque or one of the Midland trips. I remembered her talking about packing. I remember telling her that she couldn't take her bag and putting it back in the closet. I should have opened it to make sure there was nothing in it, but I didn't.

Chrys tucked Popo into Ryanne's arms as she slept last night. She came out of her room holding her this morning. They've been inseparable since.

Turns out that Ryanne can now get Popo's clothes on and off all by herself. She's come a long way with her abilities on the doll.

She told me that she didn't want an American Doll now; she only wanted that when she didn't have Popo.

It reminds me of my first baby doll that I remember being really attached to - Suzy. I took her everywhere. I found her when we were in Midland packing and moving. I wanted to keep her. I don't remember, now, if I did or if reason set in and I let her go on.

Honestly, I don't know who was more upset about Popo being missing. (Chrys and) I thought it was mostly me because Ryanne didn't ask about her that much. Seeing Ryanne today interacting with Popo, though, I think she really missed having her around.

No comments: