Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Killer

There was a flying something in the house tonight as Ryanne and I sat eating dessert. She was watching it closely. It flew over and landed on her chest so I reached over, tapped her and it fell to the floor.

She looked at me in horror. Her face crumpled. "I don't want it deaded."

Since when can I not kill insects in the house? Gah!

She bent down and gently picked it up off the floor.
R: "Make it not deaded."
M: "I can't do that, sweetie. We can put it outside and let its spirit fly, though."
R: "Yeah"

We open the door and she drops it outside saying something about fly little buggie, fly away.

R: "Its friends will help it get better."
M: "We can only hope."
R: "Then it can come back inside."
M: "I'm sure we'll see one again."

She still wasn't totally ok when she went upstairs. I didn't expect something like this to set her off this early. I guess all of the death she's experienced in her short life has really had more of an effect on her than I ever realized. I will certainly be more careful about trying to catch and release. Now, if I could just get her to stop squishing the ones outside. Hypocrite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now, let's analyze this a little further. Ants outdoors crawl and they've bitten her. Hence the stomping. The flying thing didn't bite and maybe she has no recollection of mosquito bites and wasn't ready for it to be "deaded"? Makes sense to me.

Love to both my dear girls.
GammaRee

Anonymous said...

Oops. I meant to add that with the flying thing there was no immediate desire for retaliation/stomping/"deaded" ???
Love
GammaRee