Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2007

Little shopper

Yesterday we went to Hallmark. While I looked for an ornament I wanted, I sent RC to find new wrapping paper (gods only know where the rest of ours went - we don't *remember* using it all up).

She comes over after a bit. "Mommy, you need to come pay." "Ryanne, I'm not ready to check out yet." "Oh." Runs off.

I wander about and end up tracking her down near the wrapping paper. The sales clerk says that Ryanne asked to be shown the "roll paper that's sticky". The clerk said, "tape?" "No, I have that. The big roll wrap paper." At which point she was shown to the wrapping paper. Apparently she debated between two rolls for some time. The clerk thought it was awesome.

Then we went to check out. "There you are again," says the lady. I must have looked confused. "She (pointing at Ryanne) came over earlier with her paper and some other stuff and asked to go so I had her all rung up. Then she came back and said you weren't ready to pay. I didn't realize she wasn't alone (what? who sends their 4 year old shopping alone?!) She just needs your credit card and she'll be all set."

I sighed. She's right in this case, though. If I can teach her to do her laundry and use the microwave, she'll be ready to live on her own. :)

No comments: