Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

The 4th tooth or Why Ryanne had the greatest Kindergarten teacher in the world

I realized that I never posted about the 4th tooth so I'm going to put in the story and back date it so it's in the right place.

Corin and I were walking through the grocery store waiting to go get Ryanne. My phone rang. I didn't recognize the number.

The person says, "Hello, Mrs. Gordon, do you know who this is?" It sounded a lot like Ryanne's kindergarten teacher and I said so. I was very apprehensive. She quickly assured me that everything was just fine, but that Ryanne had some exciting news for me.

She put Ryanne on the phone.

She had lost a tooth at lunch. Such a treat. She bit into some veggie booty and it popped out into her yogurt. She got to go to the nurse and get a treasure chest to bring it home. She told me how excited she was.

I got Mrs. Hunter back. She said that she sometimes lets the kids call home when there's exciting news that they can't wait to share. I told her how much I appreciated the call. I truly did. It was the highlight of my day getting to hear the news before I picked her up.

We bought her a special treat to celebrate. We bought Mrs. Hunter a card to say thank you. It truly is the little things that bring light to our days.

No comments: