Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2005

Birthday present gone wrong

I woke to Ryanne stirring at 4:15 this morning. She was still in her crib. This is a new record. Since I had gotten to bed around 11pm, I was thinking how great it was that she had decided to let me sleep for 5 straight hours on my birthday. I had the blog entry all planned - how wonderful and sweet she was, how she was sleeping better, etc. Then she stayed up talking to me about "mayna"s and other stuff with some crying thrown in for flavor until 5:30am. I decided she was cruel and an evil temptress out to tease me. She did sleep again until 7:15, but it wasn't the same. Oh well...better luck next year.

In other news, she's trying to say milk now. It seems to be "mak". I'm down with that. I must confess that I'll miss the double fisted signing when she wants to nurse, but it might alleviate some of the cow feelings. I figure she's not long for nursing anyway. She's only nursing 4 times during the day - wake up, mid-morning, nap, bedtime. Last night, there were no night feedings so I think we're well on our way to night weaning. I don't know how long she'll keep day feedings up. I must confess some mixed emotions about this. Part of me doesn't want to lose the relationship we have there, even though we have so many other things we connect doing, because that's MY time. No one else can do that with her. At the same time, I'm ready to have my body back. Ready to see if my boobs get any smaller (PLEASE!!!!). I'm not ready for her to grow up, though. We'll see how I feel when it happens, but I'm trying to gear myself up.

No comments: