Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I *hate* this phase

The crankiness I knew to expect...oh.my.GOD. She just spent the 15 minute drive back from Barnes and Noble screeching at the top of her lungs, kicking my seat, throwing her shoes at me, spitting and flailing her arms (just in case I got close to her - yeah, right?) Why was she so upset? We had to leave B&N to go home to have lunch with daddy. You'd think it was the end of the world.

Stuff like this makes me not want to take her anywhere. I want to just sit her in front of the TV and leave her so she'll not have a fit. I know that's not what's best for her, but she turns it into such a trial to go anywhere that I have a hard time mustering the energy to do it.

It's times like these where I can see how parents lose control and (b)eat their young. It's so hard to retain any modicum of sanity when all I want is for her to be quiet. I can do it, but man it's not easy and it wears me out. I need a nap now.

I hear 4's better. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's Super Nanny when we need her huh??
What i would do is: As soon as she starts doing that again, i'd tell her that you both had a good time but if you go home [or wherever] now, you'll be able to go back soon. Then tell her if she keeps going, you won't take her again because it spoils it for the both of you. Then keep driving/walking the buggy without a word, no matter what she does. But randomly throw exciting comment in like "Ooohhh look at that AWESOME looking car! I bet daddy would love to drive that!!" But don't react to what she's doing, If she doesn't have an audience, she'll soon realise she's wasting her time :o)