Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Celebrate in style

Ryanne turned 2 on Saturday. We partied in style and I think she had a great time. We may have problems having the celebrations get any bigger than this one. Fortunately, I don't think that will be a problem until she's 12. All in all, I didn't have any emotional meltdowns like I thought. While Chrys put her down on Saturday night, I went down to the hotel lounge and sat. I did some cross-stitch, listened to some decent jazz and toasted the last two years with a bit of amaretto. It was a nice moment to reflect on what's happened and how lucky I am to have had it happen to me. I got teary as I crawled into bed that night, but they went quickly and I was back to just being very happy to enjoy my girl.

As for the weekend...I'll post more details on the Japan blog, since it pertains to that, too. She adored meeting Kitty (repeatedly) and getting to feed tigers.

When we got home, she was spoiled rotten (again this year for possible thank yous):
Legos from her parents (140 pc bucket) and her aunt Fyoire (weiner dog case)
Bunny doll and book from RoaminUmp & mSWAE
High chair for her doll (Popo) from Doe Itoe
Miffy and Books from Yoshihara-san
Closet for Popo's clothes from mommy (mostly for Mommy's sanity when RC wants "sots" (socks) for the doll...NOW!
More clothes for Popo (underwear and kimono) from mommy and daddy
Hello Kitty kitchen from mommy and daddy
Boynton birthday book, Dragon opposite book from mommy and daddy
Blue's Clues Handy Dandy Notebooks from mommy and daddy (tinking chayuh, tink tink tink)

When we were in Austin, she got (and I'm likely forgetting something)
Dress and shoes for wedding from Aunt Kity
Clothes, clothes and more clothes from Kity and her parents
ABC sweater from Gamazonas (meemaw and bampa)
Video and ABC book from Gamma Ree
Mini Robosapien from daddy
Duplo Dragon castle from mommy and daddy

She did really well opening them. She opened, played for a bit and then moved on. She spent quite a while tonight cutting her carrot in her kitchen. She also managed to leave Legos ALL over the floor and, later, trip and fall on top of one. This left a pretty ugly mark on her cheek that "huhts".

We got her an ice cream cake tonight and she barely touched it. She liked the candles and was able to blow them out all by herself (after 3 or 4 tries...stupid camera died so I was distracted). She ate part of the chocolate name plate and had a forkful of ice cream that I carved out for her. She didn't want the cake or icing or anything. She's not much of a sweets fan, though she always has a place for "chokkit".

Oh, and upon arriving home, she proudly announced that there were 2 papers waiting in the mail slot. Now, if we can just get her to say she's 2, we'll be set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahhh...It's Thursday November 10 not quite 10 p.m. in the ol' Central Time Zone and I'm still waiting on Hello Kittyland and feeding tigers information. Did I miss it? I didn't see any tigers in the Glover park and Halloween pics. But! The Halloween party looked like lots of fun for the kids.

I'm not really complaining you, please understand. You know I don't have a real life. LOL

Love and hugs,
Mom