Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Stats (aka, the long overdue brag post)

We took RC to the pediatrician while we were in the US. She is 34" tall and 27 lbs. This puts her 60-70 percentile for both. Overall, the appointment went very well. She got 6 shots: Hep A, DTaP, Prevnar, Flu, Varicella, MMR. All were Thymerisol free. She also had the TB test done on her arm. She wasn't happy about the shots - she screamed "ow ow ow" and almost broke my heart. I wrestled with the Varicella (chicken pox). I'd like her to get them naturally, but I fear that most people (especially in our area) are giving the vaccine so the likelihood of her getting them is dwindling. I just have to hope it was the right choice.

She's wearing 18-24 months, but some of those are getting a little tight. I'm buying 2T and those are a little big. She's in that awkward between sizes stage that I'm not fond of.

Her feet measured size 7W so she's wearing 7.5W. She swims in an 8. 2T to 3T sizing seems to stop at size 7 so she's ahead of the pack there - got daddy's feet, I guess.

The pediatrician asked about potty training. We confessed that she let us know she needed to poop before going in her diaper more than 50% of the time. She told us we were very lucky and that we should get some training pants so RC would know when she was wet - absorbent diapers can delay that, apparently. I bought those today, but I don't know that I'm ready for this stage. (Cute aside: We were at the library today. There is a mini-toilet in the kids section. RC went into the stall, tried to pull down her pants and couldn't. She let me help her. She let me leave them around her ankles like a big girl. She sat on the toilet and peed. She wiped. She flushed. She let me help her pull the pants up. She was crazy excited. I figure I need to get over it fast.)

We figure she's saying well over 200 words at this point, though we haven't counted since we hit 125 6 months ago. After our week in the states, she's putting together 2 and 3 words more regularly. (We got "dog bahking owside" yesterday as we walked into the apartment.) Her favorite is "No, peas" when she doesn't want something. I like it much better than her just screaming "No," though she still does her share of that.

She'll be 2 in 23 days. That's craziness. We're taking her to Harmonyland since she is a bit "titty" obsessed. (Yeah, figured out that her saying that isn't all that embarrassing here, but a different story in the US where passersby know what that means.) We got tickets to an African Safari park for Sunday so she can see the big cats, too. I think it will be a good time.

No comments: