Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

More fun with baby brother

When RC woke from her nap today, she wanted to cuddle so we went to hang out in my bed. The act of lying down made baby brother decide it was time to get all riled up. He was moving all around.

I moved my shirt up a bit and pointed out the bulges and motions to RC. She looked at me perplexed. "Baby brudder going come out." I explained that he wouldn't come out through my stomach; he was just moving around a lot. She watched and watched, with her eyebrows tightly knit together. "Baby brudder moving."

Suddenly, she gets this almost devilish grin on her face and, open palmed, pushes on my stomach where the biggest motions were happening. He kicked right back at her and she bust up laughing. "I push him and he push back." I didn't want to be in the middle of this war so I told her she was right, but she needed to be gentle with mommy, if nothing else. She seemed content with that and went back to watching and laughing at the motions.

Then, she explains to me that, when baby brother comes out, she's going to help him. She's going to walk with him to get the mail and take him to the pond to feed the ducks. She's even going to teach him to dance, "wike dis", which involves waving her hands above her head like a monkey and jumping around. (Yeah, daddy taught her her 'leet dance skillz.) I told her that would be very nice of her and that she's going to have to be patient because it's going to take him a long time to understand what she's teaching. She said that was ok. I think she's going to be a wonderful big sister.

No comments: