Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 19, 2006

"Wyanne's Max"

Until Aunt Fyoire showed up, RC and I had a ritual. Now, it happens periodically, but since Max has traded us in on someone older and less...in your face...it's not an every day thing, but still happens.

She'd wake up and come into my room. We get in bed and call Max.

(For those of you that don't know, Max is our one boy cat. He's named after the character in Grumpy Old Men because he looks like a grumpy old man. He doesn't like Chrys one shred. We never thought he'd like Ryanne, but he loves to curl up against my pregnant tummy and purr so we knew she'd like him. Likely the same goes for baby brother.)

He'd come out from wherever and mew and whine around for a bit before finally jumping up on the bed. He'd lie down on whatever side Ryanne wasn't and curl up into me to start purring.

She'd crawl over me and put her head on him to listen and tell me, "he's puwwing." He'd take this, as long as I kept scratching him.

Well, now he's less picky about making sure it's not her side. He lets her cuddle him. Moreover, she's claimed him. If she's petting him and I try to get in there, too - "Mommy, no pet Max. Wyanne's Max. I pet him by myself."

Now that he's spending more time in Aunt Fyoire's room so is RC. Doesn't bother me, but I think it's funny that she insists on following him around. At least he puts up with her and I think they might even grow to be friends. He's certainly the most likely, right now, to spend any time near her.

No comments: