Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 16, 2006

Memories

One of the fun things about having the second kid is remembering things about the first at that age. Since I wasn't very good about keeping up with her blog in those days, I thought I'd get some of them written down now.

Changing mishaps: When she was a week or two old, I learned to be more careful with her on the changing table. I put her down in her room in the Rossport house. I had her legs up in the air and was sliding a new diaper under her when she pooped. We're talking projectile. I went all the way to the wall behind her door. Luckily, Gamma Ree was still visiting so she came in and helped me clean it up. Quite the mess.

Mirrors: She had the Tiny Love Gym with a mirror. When she finally figured out to look at the mirror, she would sit and just stare at it for most of her time on the mat. Usually, I was behind the mirror and would play Peek A Boo with her. One night, I went behind her so she could see my reflection in the mirror. She burst into tears. Our best guess was that the baby in the mirror had her mommy and that upset her greatly!

No comments: