Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Unweaning

Confession time...Ryanne only stopped nursing for a few months. As Corin's birth grew near, she would ask more and more often for "mommy's milk". Once I was term, I indulged her more willingly, fully aware that she would only ask more.

She asks at least once or twice a week now. Multiple times a day since she's been sick. This last cold, she got over in less than a week because she nursed a decent amount the first day. I give in about once a week; more lately because I hate seeing her sick when I'm not and know that the milk can help that.

It's not entirely comfortable and, at this point, that's the biggest reason I turn her down. Her bottom teeth dig in a decent amount. She's getting better about not biting down. Amazingly enough, she remembered how to latch and didn't try the puckered lip straw suck like I expected her to. She even tells me "big mouf" while she's latching. I guess that was worth teaching her.

It's awkward. Somewhere in there she got huge. It's hard to wrangle her on my lap. It's easiest if I can lie down and get her to lie down with me. She's not always interested in that, though.

It's kind of nice to have that remnant of baby when she's busily telling me how big she is. I know it won't last long. I know it's mostly jealously. She gets royally ticked that Corin goes first every time, but she acknowledges that that's the way it has to be because it's his only food.

No comments: