Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 22, 2006

Abby normal

Tonight, Ryanne shunned her tater tots in favor of "more small spinach leafs".

As a parent, I am incredibly proud that she has a taste for veggies and seems to like them.

As a human being struggling with weight, I have to say, "WHAT?!?!?!"

Hopefully her tastes will keep her from ever falling into the second set. This is her first time actually showing an interest in cold, leafy veggies. We keep serving them, hoping she'd give them a chance one day since they're really nice sides in the hot Texas summers. I read that you may have to serve something 7 times before most toddlers will eat it. I think we're way beyond that, but I'm glad we didn't give up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, dear daughter, deserve a lot of credit, I think, for RC's taste for veggies. As I recall you were careful to see that many of her early snacks were not empty calorie choices but were instead those little crisp veggie snacks.

You're such a good mom.
Love and hugs,
Mom