Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Moving

We gave ourselves a month to move out of our old house and into the new. At this point, we're about 2 weeks in and Chrys is making substantial progress moving us out while I make progress moving us in. This means that things come in spurts while RC sleeps. We made her toys and things a priority and as she's asked for other stuff, we've made sure it's there the next day. Mostly, though, she hasn't been worried that things aren't there and very pleased when they are the next day.

Well, tonight was different. Tonight, I was cooking dinner while we waited for Chrys to get home. I asked if she wanted to help me cook and she said no. All of a sudden, she runs into the kitchen and looks at me, very concerned, "My oven?!"

I told her that daddy hadn't moved it (her Hello Kitty kitchen set) yet and it was still at the old house.

Apparently she's realized that enough stuff has been moved that this was cause for concern because we must have forgotten it. She starts running laps around the kitchen/living room/dinette, yelling, "My oven. Where is it?"

I kept telling her I would ask daddy to bring it tonight, but she just kept the laps up. I got down to talk to her and explained that it hadn't been lost or forgotten, just not prioritized since she hadn't seemed to miss it yet. Now that she missed it, it would be there in the morning when she woke up. We talked about this and she calmed down and went back to jumping off the chair and couch.

Honestly, I felt her pain. There were some things that I've missed from the old house, too. At the same time, it was borderline funny watching her as she tried to process and figure out where we'd managed to stash her big kitchen set since there was obviously some large space that she just didn't know about.

No comments: