Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Potty training

Today, she wanted to wear panties when we got dressed. I give her the option every day and she sometimes takes me up for it for an hour or two and then wants to go back to the diaper. Sometimes the panties stay dry while she's in them, but more often than not the decision to go back to the diaper is made when she wets after said hour or two. Usually, though, she just wants the diaper.

The real news is that she wore them all day and was dry for 90+% of the day, through visits to the Y (for my exercise class) and Target (where she even used their restroom) for groceries.

I blame myself for the one accident. We were done with dinner and getting ready to go outside. I asked her to please go pee before we went outside. Sure enough, she squatted down where she stood and did just that. Boy did I feel dumb for not providing a clearer "where" for the action.

I think we'll still put her in a diaper for night because she tends to use the restroom immediately upon waking and I'm not sure we can get to her in time - all the time. Plus, I have some diapers to use up so I don't have to store them for 2 more years. I am really excited at the prospect of having her trained and, honestly, it's been so much easier than I expected.

I've tried very hard to keep this whole process pressure free and let her lead. She's been so close (Japan and lately) and would back down at the last minute. I think we might actually be headed to permanence, though. I guess at this point, she's confirmed (by exploration...trust me) that just about every toilet that she'll ever visit has neither buttons nor beeps (that bidet will haunt her forever, I fear). I hope she still wants to wear panties tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya-a-a-y, RC!
Love and hugs,
GammaRee/Mom