Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Ready for her sibling

Yeah, she's got the bipolar reactions to her little brother down pat.

Some days, she's sitting in my lap and she'll feel him moving. I just describe this as kicking. More often that not, after she's been kicked for a while, she'll swing around in my lap (no small feat given how small it's getting) and kick him back. Usually this comes with some announcement like, "He kick me. I kick him back." It's all I can do not to laugh.

Tonight, though, I went upstairs to say goodnight after her bath. I got my usual hugs and kisses and put her down. She lifts my shirt and starts tugging on my waistband saying, "Good night, baby brudder." I helped her get my shorts below the belly and she gave the belly a kiss. Then came the usual nightly pronouncements, "I love you, baby brudder. Have sweet dreams." I melted.

I guess we have her prepared. I don't know that she really knows what she's getting in to, but she acknowledges him as a person, even in utero.

No comments: