Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

First shoes

Well, today we bought Ryanne's first shoes. At Gymboree, we talked about where to get shoes. After Gymboree, she wanted to walk to the car. After lunch, she wanted to walk to the car. After that, I broke down and looked at her poor little blackened feet and realized she needed some shoes. Mostly I am terrified that she's going to step on something and hurt herself.

We went to the place recommended by one of the moms and he measured her and we bought a cute little pair of shoes that were black. I wanted something she could wear now, since it's still pretty warm and she's in summer clothes so we went to the mall to Stride Rite. On the way in, Chrys put her in her new shoes and she walked in, but was having LOTS of trouble. Inside, we tried on a pair of sandals and Chrys noticed they were a little big. I had them measure her again and it turns out her brand new shoes are a full size too big! She's a 3.5, which puts her right in between pre-walkers and walkers. We got some size 3 pre-walkers that fit fine (most are sized for baby to grow) and hopefully those will last until the summer. I guess I need to take the others back and see about something else.

A few little stories to tell...

In the car, the other day, she was sitting in the back seat playing with her toy cell phone. (Looks almost exactly like mine except it's red and yellow - she lets me switch it for mine without hassle.) Suddenly I hear her babbling and look back to see her with it up to her ear (upside down, but gotta start somewhere) just talking away. I guess we spend quite a bit of time on the phone! Very cute thing to see.

It also appears that cars are 'go's. After hearing her identify this, I realized that I always say are you ready to get in the car and go. Go, being the last word, seems to be the identifier. I guess I need to be more careful how I say things...

She's become quite addicted to straws, too. She loves her straw cup (FAR more than her sippy cups) and always wants to drink from our straws at restaurants. I usually get water so this isn't a problem. The straw thing started when she was about 5 months old and we were on our way back from Phoenix. She always chewed on my straw in a drink so I was letting her do that while we waited on the plane. Suddenly I see green liquid (I was drinking Mt. Dew) go shooting up the straw and she gets this really surprised look on her face and started sputtering. Ever since then, we've been much more careful about what's in the cup when she wants a sip.

Tomorrow morning, we leave for Boston. I need to get packing and get some sleep.

No comments: