Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Walking, talking

A little miracle. She's been changing so much every day, but I have a hard time remembering all of the little things. Sometimes I don't notice them for days and then realize she's been doing them for a while. It's tricky stuff, this trying to record someone's life.

Today I think I've heard a few new words. She was carrying around her little mesh bag that we use to give her ice to suck on. I took it and put some ice in it and she said, remarkably clearly, "ice". I told her that yes, it was ice, and off she went. Then, while in her high chair, the cats were wandering around. She saw one of the big girls under her chair - it happened to be Preta - and she said "de-ta". Then she saw Spot in the window and said "dot". Just now, she saw Minuit and I heard "de-ta" again until I told her that was Minuit, then it became "in-ee". I think the difference between Preta and Minuit will take a few years. Just amazing stuff, though.

Ryanne's entry:
{"[ol90p

She's also become more conscious of whether or not I'm with her when she takes off on her own. I've seen her go to the stairs and, where she used to just start climbing, I now find her waiting and looking for me on the bottom step. As soon as she sees me, off she goes. Same thing for walking down the hall from our bedroom. Now if I could just keep her out of the bathroom with the cat food and litter box. Sheesh...

We're developing a morning routine. When she wakes up, she leans over and usually says "mama" at which point I can convince her to give me a kiss (which is her, open-mouthed, pushing her face to my lips). Sometimes she smacks her lips after I do the "mwah" sound. Then she crawls over me and slides off the bed. Once on the floor, she plays with her toys for about 30 minutes. Then it's down the hall to get her diaper changed. This has been reliable for the past week.

Her nap schedule is something else, though. Today, I went to put her down for her standard 10ish nap and she fought me until about 11:30. At that point, she fell asleep for over an hour. The rest of this week has been normal. There are these occasional days, though, that she wants the mid-day nap and by the time she gets tired again, it's too close to bedtime to let her go to sleep. I guess it's part of a slow transition to once a day naps. I'm torn on whether or not I'm looking forward to this. It will certainly change my routine, and I don't know if I'm ready for that or not. Of course, in 3.5 weeks, her schedule is going to be thrown to the wind so I'm not sure what I'm complaining about now. :/

Her tummy is still iffy and those darn teeth are still elusive. More and more, I'm thinking these are related.

I started prepping for her first birthday. Invitations should go out tomorrow for a party on October 9. Right now, we're scheduling a noon party, which is in between her normal naps. Watch, she'll be switched to a mid-day nap by then and blow the whole thing. *sigh*

Oh yeah...yesterday, she found her second picture book (it takes 3x5s so it has nothing in it) and was looking at it very confused. She toddled over to me with it, crawled up in my lap, and kept looking at me and pointing at the blank slots. I had to show her her other picture book (with the Gamazonas, Aunt Amy and Grandpa Fitz) to make her happy.

No comments: