Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Sick

Thankfully, it's me and not Ryanne, but man this stinks. I found out today that I have strep throat. I opted for the shot of penicilling and 'feeling better in 24 hours' as opposed to 48 hours and still having to take a pill every 4-6 hours for 10 days. This is SO not the welcome home I had in mind. Plus, I have to pray that she doesn't come down with it. Blech! To top it off, I can't really take a break and take it easy because Chrys is out of town. L'il bro took her for a couple of hours this afternoon and let me have a nap and I am overwhelmingly appreciative. I woke up feeling a million times better, but still like crud. It's a weird feeling.

We had a great time in Boston. R was spoiled with attention by her aunties and a few gifts to boot. I took advantage of tax free clothing and the Labor Day weekend sale at Gymboree. I barely got everything back in my suitcase, but it worked! Even better, we got the bridesmaids all outfitted. I love my dress. I even bought shoes so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. We had great food, lots of fun and a bit of relaxation - all good things!

The bad part of Boston is that I think R ate something she's allergic to. The only really strange thing was some Indian food on Friday at lunch. She had palak paneer and just loved it, but I'm not sure it loved her. She's still got diarrhea and the day we got home, she was just screaming and twitching from the pain of the diaper rash and bumpies. She and I took a cool bath and she calmed down pretty quickly, but I felt so bad. I hope her system gets straightened out soon.

Last night, she woke up at 3a and just cried and wailed for an hour. I'm still not sure what that was about. She eventually calmed back down, but I think, compounded with my feeling sick, it just made me more miserable. I wish I could have figured out what was going on. Maybe just too many strange things recently.

She's still walking up a storm and loved wandering around all the dress shops feeling the fabrics. It was quite entertaining to watch her reach and touch everything.

I also let her try spoon feeding herself last night. It was quite funny to watch and she got, expectedly, quite messy! I have a few pictures of her covered in yogurt. She actually managed to get a few bites in before she resorted to playing with it. I was impressed.

Tonight, she was more awake than normal when I put her down. I left the room anyway and she didn't cry or anything. About 5 minutes after I came downstairs, L'il bro heard her music box come on. It played through and that was the end of it. Chrys and I had always hoped she would use that if she needed it, since she's long been able to turn it on, and it's pretty cool to think she did!

With that, I think it's time to be heading off to bed. More when I'm awake and feeling better.

No comments: