Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2004

More new words

We went to Gymboree again today. Poor R actually seemed a little bored by some of the things. I guess it will be good to move after all.

She and Chrys also went for a walk this morning. Well, let me start at the beginning. We've always talked about the trees and grass and stuff when we're outside. Today, she pulled out her picture book and flipped to the picture of the tree. She pointed at it and I pointed outside at the tree and said the word for her. Then, while she was out on her walk with Chrys, she said "tr" and pointed at a tree in someone's yard. Chrys acknowledged the tree and they kept going.

Later today, we went to the Pecan Street Festival. She rode in the stroller for a LONG time and took everything in. Then, she went around on Chrys' shoulders. When he first put her up there, she was leaning over and giving him kisses on the cheek as they walked around. She'd bounce from side to side. It was so cute to watch.

More evidence that she's moving to one nap. Yesterday's nap was right after lunch. She napped in the sling as I looked through Borders. Today, she was surprisingly awake after going to Gymboree. She got a little cranky on her walk so we gave her lunch and then she napped for 2 hours. I napped about half of it with her so I could help her stay asleep. She woke up so happy and ready to go. She went down for bed about half an hour early tonight, but I've read that happens when the one nap transition starts. We'll see what she settles in to.

I got all of the invitations for her first birthday party ready to go tonight. They'll mail out on Monday. The party is scheduled for lunch (watch, she'll be firmly in the one nap and want to go to sleep then...*sigh*). I'm pretty proud of the invitations - I made them. I also got the first layer of paint on some wooden ducks to use as party favors for the grown ups. I need to find real rubber ones for R and Sammy, but that's proving something of a challenge. I also want to get some bubbles and make sure we still have helium. I think I'm done with early party prep at that point. Then it's just waiting for responses and buying stuff to feed them.

Oh yeah...anyone looking for birthday present ideas - I've put a few on a wish list that I think she'll enjoy or that she seems to be ready for. You can check it out here. Or you can give her a cardboard box and donate a toy to needy kids - she'll be just as happy either way. Oh, and please feel free to shop for better prices...this was just convenient, in one place, and didn't interfere with MY amazon wish list. :)

No comments: