Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Little girl

She's starting the change. Last night, she licked each finger after putting a piece of okra in her mouth. Today, she tried to tell me gentle as she was petting a cat. Tonight, she played in a sandbox with a two year old and didn't look a bit out of place. She's not going to be a 'baby' for much longer. I've got mixed feelings...I'm happy to see her grow up, but I'm going to miss those little pieces of dependence that are slowly going away. Of course, today, she wandered over to me every five minutes and wanted up in my lap to give me a hug and talk so I guess I get some new perks that make this not so overwhelming.

She's finally started blowing a few kisses. It looks a lot like when she puts something in her mouth so it's hard to tell, but I've seen a few deliberate repeats (like tonight at dinner when she laughed when I figured out what she was doing).

She took her first tumble down the stairs today. She was playing with a toy and climbing, as usual. I don't know if she slipped on the toy or fell trying to catch it, but she ended up rolling down a step or two. She wasn't hurt, but she scared herself a lot. Of course, she was right back trying to climb the gate within 5 minutes so it wasn't a deterrant... *sigh*

New pictures - 11 months

The invitations for the party are sent. The favors are almost done. I finally found a couple of rubber ducks, though they're HUGE. I think it will be a good time.

Her early 12 month doctor's appointment was yesterday. She's 19 lbs 5.1 oz and 28" tall. That's back to 40% on weight and 50% on height - my little average baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From chrysrobyn:
Make that:
http://homepage.mac.com/melia/

Wynnie said...

Fixed...sorry