Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Ants and steps

I completely forgot...RC learned about ants our last day in Texas. I was running things out to the car to do the last of my errands and she followed me out the door as normal. Well, I didn't see her stop and start playing with the flowerbeds. Next thing I know, l'il bro yells that she's covered in ants. She apparently put her finger right into an ant hill and they swarmed over her. I ran her inside (stupidly) and started ripping clothes off as they were crawling. Got her down to her bare bum and wiped the last few off. Then, I put a diaper back on her and had bro watch her (off the floor, away from the ants I brought inside) while I beat the last of the ants out of her clothes and shoes.

I was worried they were fire ants since I've never seen normal ants swarm like that so I called the ped. She talked me through the scenario and we decided they were just regular ants that had pinched her skin. She had about a dozen and a half bites up her hands and arms. At this point, they've blistered, popped, scabbed and scarred. Someday, when she wonders why she has little scars all over her hands and fore arms...I can point her here. *sigh*

On a more interesting front...she's getting quite good at little steps. Our new apartment is riddled with steps to each room. The tatami rooms are 2-3 inches high. The rest are about a 1" threshold. Ryanne's already getting better at negotiating the thresholds and I figure she'll master the tatami rooms without hanging on for dear life in the near future.

No comments: