Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Queen of the Temper Tantrum

Yeah...that's right. In the past month, my daughter has truly perfected the art of the temper tantrum. She can throw them any time, any place over ANY little thing. Sometimes it's a book she's playing with, sometimes it's a basket she picked up, sometimes it's just being tired of riding in the cart or the car seat. She will wail and holler and CRY little tears down her cheeks. Like she's doing right now...it's bedtime and she knows it and she's exhausted, but she's going to fight this with every last fiber of her little being. Chrys is being a champ...he's in there rocking her, holding her, singing to her, trying to calm her down. I hate that she does it. I hope to one day become immune to these so I don't cave and let her have whatever just to keep her from crying, but it's SO hard...so very hard.

In the meantime, we've finally found a place for her to sleep where we ALL can get some sleep. We pulled up the extra more firm bottom half of a small (twin) size futon and she sleeps on that pulled up to our bigger futon. It gives her plenty of room to thrash about; me plenty of room to roll around and she can (and does) still crawl up to cuddle with me or nurse when she needs it. She ends up in some pretty funny positions, all of which make me VERY happy she has her own space, but I love having her so close. It's going to be hard to give that up in a year, but maybe we'll all be ready.

Another thing she seems to be loving more and more is 'bonk'ing her head into things...most notably our heads. She just cracks up. She'll smack her head into the wall, the door, the glass, the car seat, the table, the chair, my nose, my forehead, my chest...whatever. Then she'll just giggle. Sometimes I wonder if she's all there...

She got some new things on her birthday. None of them were tangible as our boxes still haven't arrived from customs. (They have all of our forms so it's just a matter of time.) She got to take her diaper off in the morning...then she beat on the door of the potty and ended up doing a pretty good job of going #1. I was very proud. She got to play in the tub (with mommy's water level that allows for more toy play) for an extra bit of time while mama showered. She even got to eat the fruit gels that are popular here. She really liked the peach, but did alright with the Lychee if I ate the fruit chunk out of them.

I guess I did get her one item...a little plastic red chair that I found for 198¥ at the San-ai. I was hoping that would put an end to her dragging around (and pulling over) our kitchen chairs. It has certainly reduced the frequency, though not eliminated. I guess I should take what I can get and be happy, though.

No comments: