Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No Potty

RC was making huge strides in potty training. She pooped pretty regularly. She didn't often pee, but had managed once or twice in training pants. We were considering making the move to full time training pants and seeing how it went.

Then I turned on the toilet seat.

I've mentioned before that our toilet seat here can be a thing of delight. It has a bidet. It has a "wash" feature. It's heated. I wanted the heating as it's starting to cool down so on it went.

RC likes to play with the buttons.

One day, she was going potty while I moved laundry into the dryer. I heard the sound of the nozzle extending. I thought I heard another click that signalled it going away. She knows what the stop button is and that it stops the water.

Then I heard the screaming.

I threw open the semi-closed door (the washer/dryer sits next to the WC and you have to move the door to open the dryer) and saw her trying to scramble off the toilet as water shot up her back. If she hadn't been hysterical, I probably would have laughed. It was funny.

What's not funny is that now it's a struggle to even get her in the same room as the toilet. She sure isn't going to sit on it. Well, we've worked up to sitting on the lid in her diaper and waving at the inside. This will not be an easy journey.

*Sigh* I hate square one.

No comments: