Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2005

Remember this face?


Yeah, that's her on 4 July 2004 after tasting her first strawberry. She wasn't impressed. In fact, I think I wouldn't hesitate to describe her emotion as disgusted.

My how things change...

Late last week, they had strawberries at the store again. They're a spring fruit, or at least that's when they were widely available, so I was surprised to see them. These were a bit small, but dark red and reasonably priced so I picked up a tub knowing it would make Chrys' day.

Well, Friday, RC found them in the fridge. She comes running up to me with the tub in hand - bewwy bewwies bewwy eat eat mouf. I told her I understood and that I would prepare one in just a minute. I asked her to put them on the table for me. She wasn't that patient.

Next thing I know, she's maneuvered past the tape on one of the sides and has freed one of the precious berries. She pops the whole thing in her mouth. I asked her to give it to me so I could wash it. She shook her head. I asked her if she wanted the leaves cut off. She spit it out.

I cut the top off and gave it back to her. Back into her mouth - whole. She chomped it down. "Mo Mo EAT". I prepared another one. I put them away at that point and she didn't complain.

I guess I need to stop using the little drawer in the produce section of the fridge. I already had to pull the kiwis out of there - man, was she mad at me for that one. Fortunately for me, her dada's finishing off the bewwies right now. He did leave her a couple though. I'm sure it will make her day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so very much for the chuckle. Your posts are so dear.
Love,
Mom