Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A story from the archives

Thank goodness for random notes in my purse to spur memories of things I needed to write about. Granted, it's been so long that it took me a good 5 minutes to remember the story based on what I wrote down, but...

On 10/15, Ryanne and I went to a bazaar at the kindergarten that some of our friends' kids go to. It had the typical little fair games - ring toss (she got one on and won some stickers), fishing (they were out of tickets, but one friend let her try it anyway as long as she didn't keep the prize). They had kids craft booths, the homemade crafts for sale room, the garage sale room (for lack of a better description).

Well, at the kids craft booth, they had these necklaces made out of paper clay. This stuff is really interesting - it's very light, but very malleable. Fyoire played with some when she was here and built me a Radish Spirit (that bit the dust a couple of weeks ago after too many tumbles from the bookshelf and encounters with RC - sorry). It's also pretty delicate stuff.

Well, RC laid eyes on one of these necklaces shaped like a bear. She loves teddy bears and wanted to play with one. The first one she grabbed, she broke the head off so I went to pay for it. The lady was horrified that it was broken, wouldn't understand that RC did it and that's why I was buying it, and replaced it. RC was thrilled. We got in the car and she got her new necklace.

Almost immediately, she beheads it again. Then, she's playing with the body and I catch arms and legs and body halves flying around the backseat (via the mirror). Suddenly, I hear "Oh NO-oh, Bay-uh." I look in the mirror and can't figure out more than she's terribly upset. At the next light, I peek around and see her holding two halves of a bear head - one per hand - with the empty string around her next. She was SO disappointed that she'd done in the last of the bear.

She wore that string for the rest of the day. There was no way we were taking it off before undressing her completely for her bath. We didn't put it back on the next day. I figured there was no reason in bringing back bad memories of the death of the bear - "oh No-oh."

No comments: