Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ryanne vs. the park

Now that we're in the weather sweet spot, RC and I have been going to the park again. Yeah...that and my need to let her run herself silly (see previous post). It's very interesting to me to see the differences in how she plays from 6 months and a year ago.

Now, she can get on the swings herself. She's playing with pumping her legs, but does really well holding on tight and letting me push her pretty high.

She has also figured out ladders. She had the steps on the slide mastered in the spring, but now does the straight up rung ladders. She also liked the run curved ladders. She is pretty cautious - moreso today because I think she's more tired than she was the other day - but gets up and to the platforms and does it repeatedly. Sometimes she asks for my hand to help stabilize, but not usually. I always spot her, but she has only slipped once that I worried about.

She can go up the steep concrete slopes that are between the two levels of the playground. I haven't seen her try down yet, but her brakes still aren't very good so that makes me nervous. Up, she does really well.

She can get on the bouncing animals by herself and make them move a bit.

She can climb into some portions of the fire trucks that used to be too tall.

She can move through the train engine with more ease and confidence.

It's really cool to watch! Especially because as she gains more confidence, she plays harder and playing harder means sleeping harder. Ahhhh!

No comments: