Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

"Daibobu"

We went to the park for a little bit today. Ryanne was playing on the swings next to a little girl that was "pushing" her daddy. The little girl tripped and fell pretty hard. She was crying. Next thing I know, Ryanne's launched herself out of the swing and is "shhhh"ing the little girl. I told Ryanne that the little girl was ok, daijobu (it's alright). Ryanne started saying "daibobu" and walking around the park with her finger to her lips. She kept looking back at the little girl until the little girl moved on. I was surprised at the compassion from my almost 18 month old (YIKES!).

She also spent today saying "ma-mee" and "da-dee". Her pronunciation of them is kind of cute. Chrys and I call each other "mama" and "dada" so I guess she's making this transition mostly on her own, which I find interesting. I wonder what will stick when she's done experimenting. I don't mind either title, really. I figure she'll pick something she likes to call me and as long as it's not profane or "mother", I'm good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, RC's got your good heart, all right.
Love, Mom