Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 09, 2005

No harm, no foul

Turns out, she must have a hard head. She was a little clingy on Friday, but showed no signs of any permanent damage. She ran and played her heart out at the park that afternoon and didn't seem any worse off than normal. I still feel bad, but at least she's ok.

She's adding a few new animal 'things'. The octopus makes a weird noise and paws her chest (popping and paws anything, but Chrys points out that I usually start with her chest). The monkey screams "aaaaaaaa" (not quite ee ee ee aa aa aa, but hey).

I also apparently use "I know" to calm her a lot. One day she and I were walking around and she got upset. I put her head on my shoulder and was "sssshhh"ing her. All of a sudden, she starts babbling "iknowiknowiknow" and got calmer. Now, she babbles it regularly when she's upset. I try not to abuse it, but I'm amused with myself and it's hard. I guess that's what toddlers are for...

No comments: