Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Applause

We went to Gymboree with Chrys today. He had fun playing with Ryanne and, as usual, she's now down for a marathon after play nap. For this, I will happily pay $10-$15 a week.

Last night R clapped for the first time that I've seen. She was sitting in Kity's lap and put her hands together, but no fists. There's still no noise when she claps, but she finally has the right motions. She was clapping more today at Gymboree - they do a lot of clapping with the songs. It's so cool and she gets so excited doing it.

I'm going to try to make her Halloween costume this year. I found a pattern for a Cinderella dress. I'm hoping it will be double duty and she can wear it to a wedding in March. Our friends are getting married and their theme is Disney. Chrys and I are in the wedding. The wedding colors are blue so I figured making her Cinderella will be perfect since she's the one in blue. That way, if she gets clingy and needs to be with me in the wedding (which the bride and groom have no problem with) she'll look like she fits in. I haven't done any real sewing in about 20 years, since I used to make clothes for my Cabbage Patch dolls with my grandmother in the summer.

She's also starting to take more little baby steps when she's not holding on to anything. The confidence isn't quite there, but it's growing quickly. Most days she won't let us hold more than one hand as she toddles around.

No comments: