Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Peek a boo!

RC has started initiating games of peek-a-boo. I guess this is a great thing about dresses! She'll lift her dress up over her face and then pull it down and grin. That's the cue to say, "Where's Ryanne?" next time she does it. Then she pulls it down as fast as she can and just laughs. It's SO funny to see.

She's had a peaceful day today. We stayed home because Chrys took the car so he could go to the dentist. She's played mostly by herself all day. Periodically, she wanders over to check on me and get a hug, then it's back to her toys. She's explored and crawled all over the living room and kitchen. I think this was good for us.

Other good news - I think I'm safe saying that she doesn't seem to have inherited the lactose intolerance that plagues both our families. Chrys had it as a child and my dad and uncle were both hit with it pretty hard later in life. She seems ok right now so we just have to hope it doesn't get her later. On a related note, she seems to love yogurt! :)

She also loves her sling. I wore her at Target yesterday and she ended up falling asleep in it as we walked around. It was great to pull it up over her head to support her and just keep on shopping. I wasn't exhausted from carrying around a baby on one arm when we left, either. So far, so good!

Well, back to my monkey child. She climbs on everything and right now, she's trying to figure out how to get on top of the ottoman. Plenty of boxes around so it's time for distraction.

No comments: