Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Duck!

I have read that language development skyrockets around 9 months, but whoa! R has been saying cat pretty well ('ca' or 'dat') and has recently been working on fan, but the f is hard for her (sounds a lot like 'da', but she says it very deliberately and points at the ceiling fans). Tonight, she's working on duck. She was looking at the duckies on the feet of her pajamas and saying 'du' so I went and got the duckie she got at McDonald's today and she carried it around saying 'du'. Chrys said she was working on bear while he got her into her PJs, too. Pretty amazing stuff...

We went to QuarterNotes today. It's Gymboree's music class. R seemed to have a good time. I think she was hungry, though, since she napped up until about an hour before class and we were lucky to get there in time, much less eat - hence, McDonald's today. We danced and sang and clapped and played instruments (shakers and drums) and bounced a ball. Aside from being in post-nap stupor and then hungry, it went wonderfully and I think we'll try to go back.

She's been an eating fiend today. After the bean explosions - there have been multiple - I'm pretty happy to see her refilling. She ate 3 of the 4 nuggets in her meal, some fries and some juice. That's on top of her Cheerios (that I had to refill) and dried bananas for breakfast. Then, she topped it off with a decent amount of stroganoff for dinner. It's always good when she eats well. It makes me worry less about having her on table foods.

I also finally got video of her crawling tonight. She has such an odd crawl. I'll have to get it uploaded somewhere so I can post a link.

No comments: