Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Nicknames

There was a poll on the board I frequent the other day about nicknames for your child. Chrys and I have been trying to figure out all of the little names we have for Ryanne. Here's our list so far:

R, RC, Rye, RyRy, Sleeper, Bitey, Fang, Little one, Banshee, Parasite, Pumpkin, Baby, Stinky, Stinkerbelle, Tinkerbelle, Whiny baby, Angel, Poopy baby, Stinky baby

I'm sure there are others, but that's what we've come up with.

Aunt Lisa is visiting us this weekend. Last night, she stayed with R while Chrys and I went to see Bourne Supremacy. That was SO nice. We got bad seats, but we were together, alone and watching a real movie. It rocked! As much as I love R is was just wonderful to have a night out with my hubby.

Lis said that when she tried to put R to sleep last night, R was just screaming "Na na, da da." Every night, we tell her something like, "Dada's going to go put you night, night." I have no idea if she's actually made the connection, but it seems almost too coincidental.

R has also decided that cruising is the way to go. She crawls to stuff to stand up and use it to walk. Getting closer to a walker every day, I think.

Lis also pointed out this morning that R seems to be asking 'dat'? It sounds a lot like 'dog', which she knows, so I kept telling her that there wasn't a dog. Lis pointed out that she seemed to say it when she found something weird so maybe it was, "What's that?" She seems to appreciate that much more.

Lastly, yesterday we went to Dave & Buster's. They have a claw game with this HUGE claw and big stuffed animals. Chrys and I worked together and R went home with a stuffed dog the size she is. It's SO cool and I was pretty proud of myself for moving the claw and Chrys for giving directions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Face Plant

Wynnie said...

Chrys adds "Entropy" to the list. :)