Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2004

Steps

Ryanne has taken about a dozen very deliberate steps this morning. She gets someplace with a toy, stands up, takes a few steps and then sits back down. I think her self-confidence is finally on the rise. I sort of hoped that Gymboree would really encourage her to walk, seeing all the other kiddies walking. I have no idea if that's it or if she's just finally ready, but every day we're a little closer.

In fact, the other day at the mall, she didn't want to be carried or put in the stroller. She would go ballistic until I put her on the ground and held ONE hand and let her walk. She refuses that other hand and really doesn't need it unless she's tired, which she was. I kept having to pull her back up with the one hand so it made the walking rather awkward. Couple that with the fact that she wanted to walk most of the length of the mall and it was a tiring trip. Too bad she didn't think so.

Poor little girl woke up all sneezy, sniffly and snorty this morning, too. I don't know if she's got another cold or if it's more teeth. She's had cold symptoms before all of her other teeth, but usually Chrys or I (or both - ugh!) show some symptoms, too. I hope that's not the case this time. Chrys has been really tired, but I hope he's not getting sick.

No comments: